Sunday, May 08, 2005

Orkutting !!

To put it very simply- Its addictive !! Its been only a month and a half since I got introduced to Orkut by Gaya, and since then it has truly succeeded in taking over much of my Internet time ! Whether its building up my friends list, or participating in online community forums, or even 'sharing my friends karma' !! Latest count- I have 8 smileys, 4 ice-cubes and one fan !! Now how cool is that ??!! :-):-)

My homepage changes from the usual Google to Orkut...
The first half an hour of my net time is spent scrapping people, replying to scraps and messages and updating profiles and photo albums !!
'Orkutting' is the newest activity to hit COEPians- if the participation in the COEP community is anything to go by !!

And communities- a plethora of them to take your pick from- from the usual Puzzles, Books, Politics, to the more personalised ones like Poona, Chintoo, Hotel Vaishali, to the absolutely feel-at-home ones like COEP, Boat Club, COEP Mechanical, and of course the out-and-out whacky ones like 'Born Losers', 'Arbit, Completely Arbit', and what not !!

Ok...now I'm not advertising for Orkut or anything, but hey...its really a wonder site, where networking and maintaining contacts is concerned !!
Where else can you keep in touch with your friends all over the world, absolutely free of cost, and without the hassles of writing emails all the time !! Just a two line scrap does the job ! After all, its just a question of telling people that they are remembered !!

My favourite activity on Orkut - writing testimonials !! I was once on an absolutely feel good trip and ended up writing testimonials for nearly 8 of my very good friends ! And I must say, definitely feels great to know that you have so many cool people in your life !!

With that...I'm off to scrap few other people on my list...Chao !!

$ups

No comments: