Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dunno what to title it

The previous post I wrote created quite a stir among my friends. They asked me what was wrong. I gave it a thought yesterday…wondered why I wrote those two lines….and I couldn’t explain why !! Dunno…but it does happen sometimes right, that everything really is ok, as normal as things could possibly get, but yet something somewhere just doesn’t seem right !!

I read this in RD someday- When a person thinks his memories outweigh his dreams, then has grown old. I think I’m growing old. I think I’m allowing my past to take over my present. I think I’m trying too hard to forget certain incidents of my life, and its just not helping…I’m getting pulled into it even more !!

It is not a very nice feeling to be 20 years old and not really have anything substantial to account for, in those years. And it’s not at all a nice feeling to know that half the goals I set for myself, have remained unaccomplished.

The HSC results got out a few days back….ok…quite a many days back. I remembered the day my HSC result was declared. And was I disappointed !! And why? A 92.5% aggregate and 96% PCM wasn’t quite a bad result. But I had missed the Merit rank by 4 marks…and THAT hurt ! Because a Merit Rank was what I had wanted ever since I came to know of its existence. The Rank didn’t matter anyways- two months after the result, and it all was forgotten. I forgot the entire incident too. But the result day reminded me of it, after a whole 2 years. And it hurt yet again !!

I’m planning to give my GRE in March 2006. Took admission in Dilip Oak’s Academy. But I just realized that my English is not as good as I thought it to be. In fact it’s deteriorating at an exponential rate !! That’s a scary thought….

Scary reminds me…Gauri thinks my posts are scary. I don’t think so. At least they’re not meant to evoke those kind of responses. Maybe that’s the kind of stuff one tends to write when one is confused….but scary ??!!

I don't know what I have written in the above paragraphs. I hope I haven't scared anyone !! :-)

But all that gibberish that I have typed away, has certainly made me feel much better !! Its true- Writing is therapeutic.......

1 comment:

kapeesh saraf said...

that feeling of worthlessness( nothing to show for your years) is universal, especially when one looks around. and the english, well, the company one has in coep serves no good.