Wednesday, July 08, 2009

It's done !!!! :):)

Who would've thought that less than 24 hours after writing the previous post, I'd have bought a car !!! :):):)

Yup, it's finally done !! We now have a 1999 Nissan Altima that will be ours on Friday, July 10, 2009 !! :):) It doesn't have a sunroof (sob sob :(() but it is awesome all the same.. :)

We saw it yesterday, liked it, showed it to the mechanic this morning, he okayed it except for a few glitches here and there (expected of a 10-year old car). The dealer is going to fix them in any case, so hopefully no issues there. Once all that is done, we'll do the registration on Friday and drive it home.. :) (Will post some pictures then..)

I know I'm putting in a lot of smileys while writing this, and I am really really happy too, but there is this weird tension at the back of my mind- did we make the right decision? should we have looked at other cars? or maybe thought a bit more? I think these are valid apprehensions- after all, this is the first BIG thing I am buying! A CAR for cryin' out loud !! That's HUGE! Add to that, I'm buying it on my own, without my parents. They left the decision completely to us coz after all, we were the ones test driving the cars and we were going to use it ultimately! It feels a little scary to be given that kind of responsibility! But I guess it had to begin some time..

I can only hope and pray that I've made the right choice.... Until then, no more looking up postings on Craigslist and Cars.com, no more calling dealers and weird car owners, no more fixing appointments and looking up directions on Google Maps! Gosh, life is sure gonna feel empty! :):);)

5 comments:

Ketaki... said...

Congratulations on the new car!! Sorry I drifted away from your blog ever since you became irregular.. SO today I read 3 blogs to catch up to.. :)
Nice new look for the blog by the way, very impressive.. :)

$upergirl said...

Thanks Ketaki.. Yup, I'd been thoda out of touch in between.. But I'm hoping to continue now that I've resumed again..

Anonymous said...

Hey i share ur friends views.. both the drifting away part and abt the new look.. gud work. Keep writing, like i told you, you write well.
Btw i read ur "car search" puran. And i was equating it with "bride search"!! And mark my words.. its the most difficult thing i have done :) Car search peksha khup complex and khup jasteee stakes.. Haha. Maja..
Yash

Blueblood.inc said...

hey!
congo on your (I am presuming) first car!

Prachi- Still Searching said...

congratulations!!! yes i know, this is late, but still, having a car is so awesome! think of all the road trips!! :)