Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A handmade greeting card.
A phone call from a colleague to your boss, just to tell him you're doing a good job.
A weekly SMS from a friend from another continent asking about your day.
Reliving happy days from the summer.
The comfort in familiarity.

Whoever said it was the big things that count! Most people lead crazy, hectic, busy lives with a thousand things to accomplish each day. But even in the madness of it all, the ones who choose to take out five minutes for you- those are the people that matter; those are the people for whom you matter...

Weekends tend to be very contemplative nowadays - I guess the week goes by so fast that there is suddenly a lot of time to think without work! The good thing about that is that I'm learning to appreciate solitude- which I think everyone should know to do. The downside though, is that the introspection is often about where I am versus where I thought I would be! And as a rule, human tendency is to never be happy with the present!

Oh well... As always, Calvin says it best...

3 comments:

Nightflier said...

This picture is my desktop background for the past 1 year, just as a reminder :)
I have also realized, the more you let go (on a philosophical level) the more you feel happy in the present, about the present.

neha said...

That one is one of my loved calvin quotes! It never fails to amaze me how awesome, real and humbling that strip is :)

$upergirl said...

@nightflier- i know, a lot of people have been telling me off-late that letting go is the best way to enjoy the moment !! It's so damn hard to do though! :P
@neha- i know, it's my all time fav cartoon strip- somehow they have the right answer for everything! :)