Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens..

Hmmm so I've had enough of the philosophical posts.. One thing I've come to realize is that the mind is very complex- I think it likes to complicate even the simplest of equations.. And no matter how hard you try, the only way to untangle some knots is to just let them be- sometimes the answer just pops back at you after a while.. So, wanting to write something cheerful and simple.. I remember this game a friend and I used to play whenever any of us felt a little low.. We'd just close our eyes, clear our minds completely, set the timer to five minutes and then start listing out the things that make us feel happy- no thought, no deliberation and no logic.. She isn't with me right now, but I'm still going to play this game by myself..

So here goes- cannot close my eyes and type but still...clearing my mind...setting the timer to five minutes.. Its 11:58 PM..

My cat back home in Pune
Long conversations with close friends
When Monday morning meetings get canceled..
Pehli baarish
Purple
Whatsapp messages that make you smile in the middle of a hard day
When a new cooking experiment turns out really well
New York City
Fall colors in the east coast
An idea or project that captivates you so much that it even keeps you awake at night
Not having to always spell out every feeling
Lighthouses
Kesar pista kulfi
Being on a creative high
Love
Setting up an apartment
Old photographs
Sunday morning coffee
Planning surprises
Getting surprises... :)
Chats on the balcony
Grey's Anatomy quotes that just fit the mood of the day
Dance
Being able to click a really good portrait
Compliments
Reading archived emails from days gone by
Holding hands
Refrigerator magnets
Light snow that floats around like tiny wasps of cotton
Uplifting music
Random smiles
That feeling in your gut that tells you something is right
Waterfalls
Vanilla milkshake
Spanish

Alrighty, time's up, mind is happy and it's time to sleep.. Shubh ratri everyone.. :)

3 comments:

Anup said...

u like grey's anatomy i am massively disappointed in u :P

Ashlesha said...

I like this list :)

Sanjyot Wagle said...

lots of common things :D