Friday, December 09, 2011

4 AM Miracle - Not !! :P

2:42 AM : Wake up - realize I slept off in the middle of a movie again, with the lights on and my visa documents sprawled across the bed under me - Dammit - not again!

2:44 AM : Tinge of guilt - people like me are responsible for the coal reserves depleting.. Ufff...

2:45 AM : Might as well check on the visa dates while I'm awake

2:47 AM : Yayyy !!! Showing 16th - finally! Let's do this..

2:50 AM : Fill out details and hit Next - wait, where did Mumbai go?! Mumbai is not showing in the list of VFS centers !! Where did it go?!

2:51 AM : Re-enter info and now Mumbai showing but only 20th Dec available - what about the earlier dates!? - Kya ho raha hai yaar !!

2:55 AM : I should call the VFS people..

3:00 AM : On line with Mrs. Chattopadhyay on the VFS Hotline - No, I don't know if her name is Mrs. Chattopadhyay, but she sounds Bonglo-bhashi.. :P Oh what the hell.. I like giving nicknames to people.. You know Eddy right- No? That's my name for Edward Cullen - I think Eddy suits him better than Edward in any case.. :P

[Random Thought 1]

Whenever I am speaking to like a customer care person in India, I never know whether to converse in Hindi or English.. I mean, there is a moment when the person says "Hello?" and I am actually thinking - do I reply with a "Hello" in the English-English accent or the Hindi-English accent?! I know they know English, but it's this weird mentality that speaking Hindi might develop a feeling of comradeship with me and hence, maybe help me get my work done sooner! Weird, huh!

3:01 AM : I say "Hello!" with the Hindi-English accent finally.. Mrs. Chattopadhyay answers my questions, but that does not help a lot! Check VFS dates in front of her and now they show 15th open too- but no 16th and 19th! How did that happen?!

3:07 AM : Hang up the phone. Maybe I should write something.. Stare at blank screen for 10 minutes..

[Random Thought 2]

I wish I could concoct up random stories in the middle of the night- get inspiration from the rustling trees and the gushing winds and eerie moonlight and the soulful silences and allow my thoughts to flow miraculously through space and time and then, there's one magical moment where everything comes together and a story is born.. - 4 AM miracle or whatever - but nope, doesn't seem to be happening with me..

3:22 AM : Call up mom instead.. Crib about the stupid online system and how I should have chosen to go to Delhi instead !

[Random Thought 3]

I want to visit Delhi man - and hopefully see uncle-jis in monkey caps at weddings! :P 

3:32 AM : Check VFS - Now showing 15th, 19th and 20th, but no 16th - Seriously! 

3:35 AM : Stare at screen again - Okay, I'm going to give this a shot - the night is beautiful and I should write.. 

So a guy in a train - mid 30's, hot (of course!), staring out of the window, looks like the type of person who knows his destination but just for today, does not want to do the expected.. Towns swooshing by - Mellow Valley, Hicksville, Cripple Creek.. Train pulls into Reddick finally and slows down - guy contemplates getting down at the station..

[Random Thought 4]

I love the phrase "Delicious Ambiguity" - read it somewhere.. But has such a nice feel to it.. I should use that in my writing sometime..

3:45 AM : Nope, no thoughts after Reddick.. In any case, this is not a screenplay- I'm getting lost in the details! Forget it, this is not the night..

[Random Thought 5]

Remembered a conversation from a day ago where a friend told me that I was a serious person - Seriously?! I just called Edward, Eddy, - how can I be serious?! Just because I write about tanhayee and life and dreams and love and loss? That is the deep side of me, but I am fun-loving and random and crazy too..

3:52 AM : Need to be at work in 4 hours - going to be a long day - hopefully the bogie workload should level itself out with constant production, but does that make sense if we are storing sets instead? Do I need to add girder manpower to this? Should find out tomorrow..

3:56 AM : Christmas presents! I haven't bought those yet !! So much work to do in five days..

3:55 AM : Hungry, yaar! Feel like white choc mocha.. :(

3:56 AM : Dudeee, sleep !!

3:57 AM : Last try with VFS- anyway the center will close now, so no point trying until tomorrow!

3:58 AM : Nope, no 16th yet! Forget it, worst case- I'll take an appointment for the 22nd, after Gau's shaadi..

4:00 AM : Do I even post this crap I've been typing? Contemplate for a minute..

4:01 AM : Oh, what the hell - this could be my 4 AM non-miracle.. At least it shows I'm not serious all the time..

[Random Thought 5.1]

I am not a serious person! :P

4:07 AM : Edit and format - (I like my articles! :P) - and post!

4:10 AM : Laptop shut down, gudnite!

No comments: