Saturday, December 10, 2011

Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole..


Excerpts of dialogues between friends, and friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends...


******************************************************** 

[Guy talk]

"Friends with benefits should be a legitimate option in India.. Look at us- we're 26 and still are not used to the cruel ways of love. Yahan ke logon ko heartbreak ki aadat ho jaati hai by the time they are in their twenties. That is the healthy way of living life..

"Oh please, do you want to give girls more avenues to use the "let's just be friends" dialogue?! No ways! No friends, only benefits.."

********************************************************

[Girl talk]

"I think sex is over-rated"

"What? How can you say that?"

"No, seriously. I think it's not as big a deal as people make of it"

"I'm sure it's not but you haven't even done it yet- so you never know!"

"Exactly! I haven't even done it yet but I still know I'm going to get bored of it in a few months.."

Turning to friend's fiance : "I feel sorry for you man, really sorry!"

********************************************************

[Mush]

"I think love is like friendship with two shots of espresso topped with two scoops of chocolate syrup!"

********************************************************

[When Harry met Sally..]

"I think we should just be friends for now.."

"Isn't that supposed to be a girls-only dialogue? You cannot infiltrate our territory like that!"

********************************************************

[Ex-files]

"My ex-boyfriend just sent me his wedding invitation card."

"Oh? Sooo...you're going?"

"Going? Seriously?! What do you want me to do - go on stage, congratulate him and his wife, shake his hand, pose for an awkward, corny picture with them, and act all dignified while the whole time I am imagining myself dunking him in sulfuric acid?! NO! I'm not going !!"

********************************************************

[How to Scare Your Mother]

"Do you know there's a vaccine for cervical cancer now? I was speaking to Dr. Bhidaye and he said you are a good candidate for the vaccine. You should take it when you come to India."

"Why am I a good candidate?"

"Coz the vaccine is most effective if you take it when you are unmarried.."

"Unmarried? You mean if you are a virgin right?"

"Huh?!"

"I'm sure marriage has nothing to do with it. I guess you have to be a virgin to be able to take it?"

"Usually, the assumption is that the two are inter-dependent... But the world is changing, so..."

********************************************************

[Arranged Marriage 101]

"Dude, however cool he may be, the fact is that no Indian guy is going to marry an Indian girl who voluntarily has a tattoo!"

"Are you trying to scare me?"

"No, but I'm just telling you to be prepared.. You signed on for a very difficult life.."

********************************************************

[Good girls finish last]

"You are too nice"

"Awww... Thanks ya, that's sweet.."

"No, no. Listen to me- you're too nice"

"And....that's not good?"

"No - guys don't like nice girls! You need to grow some horns!"

********************************************************

[True Story]

"I know this may seem like a rip-off from the Jerry Maguire dialogue but the fact is that you had me at 'Tujhe dekha toh yeh jaana sanam..' Seriously.."

********************************************************

[Teen-ache]

"Yaar, I am in trouble. I try to be mad at him, I want to be mad at him. I get mad at him too- like really, really, really mad- the maddest I can be! But it all goes away when his stupid, smiley face flashes on my cellphone when he calls.."

"You need a new face; or honestly, you need a new life.. Join a dance class or something!"

1 comment:

meenakshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.